The largest beer pong tournament of the year is the World Series of Beer Pong, played annually in Las Vegas, NV. This is the 5th annual WSOBP, and as usual, the grand prize is a whopping $50,000. WSOBP IV in 2008 drew over 800 participants from 45 US states and 5 Canadian provinces, according to BPONG.com, who hosts the event.
Here is a full breakdown of the event, from the official WSOBP page:
- When: January 1-5, 2010
- Where: The Flamingo Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- What: 4 nights on the strip, 100’s of teams from the US and Canada, 12 guaranteed games, $50,000 grand prize
- Rules: WSOBP Rules govern all gameplay
- Tables: Games played on official BPONG regulation sized beer pong tables
- Prizes: $50,000 Grand Prize, Additional payouts and prizes to 2nd-4th place TBD
- Sign Up: Click here to sign up
All participants must reserve a room at The Flamingo for legal reasons. This is the only way to register for this event. Besides, what’s better than hanging with a bunch of boozed up beer pong fanatics in Vegas? That’s right, nothing.
BPONG also hosted mini “satellite” tournaments around the country this year leading up to this event, where the winners received automatic entry into the WSOBP V. So the competition will be much stiffer this year!
Hot News on the Streets: Reigning WSOBP IV champs “Smashing Time” have been rumored to be going through rough times. Its unsure whether or not the team will participate in this year’s tournament, but based on their previously dominating performances, many people undoubtedly hope they don’t.
For more information on the World Series of Beer Pong V, visit The Official World Series of Beer Pong site.